Secure and Cost-Effective Protection
SmartProtect: The protective function for your machinery
The IfTA SmartProtect system is designed for pure protection functions, but without the data recording and diagnostics of the IfTA ArgusOMDS system. It is ideal for cost-effective protection of installations where extensive data analysis and long-term data recording are not required.
If necessary, diagnostics and data recording for short- and long-term use can be easily retrofitted to an IfTA ArgusOMDS system at any time.
- Simple integration into existing control systems (fieldbus, analog, digital)
- Critical operating states are avoided and important parameters are signalled to the control room
- Pure protection - without data recording and diagnostics
- Field of application: Small plants and gas turbines; the focus is on protective functions
- Upgradeable with analysis and recording function for short- or long-term use
- Optional with thermo-acoustic early warning system IfTA PreCursor
What Makes SmartProtect Unique?
Advantages of the Protection System
- Cost-effective protection solution for applications that do not require data recording
- FFT-based signal processing provides maximum flexibility
- Monitor up to 25 frequency bands per channel
- Early warning system IfTA PreCursor for combustion oscillations optionally available
- Data server is upgradeable to full IfTA ArgusOMDS system for long-term storage and data analysis with IfTA TrendViewer. This upgrade can be temporary or permanent as required
- Risk minimization through rapid regulation and intervention before damage occurs
- Autonomous long-term monitoring: In the event of a power failure, the system automatically restarts and continues its protective function
- Highly flexible inputs such as in AD4Pro
- SmartProtect is based on a digital signal processor (DSP) and thus ensures 24/7 undisturbed operation, which is a prerequisite for real-time capable protection systems
The Cost-Effective Solution for Dynamic Phenomena
The IfTA SmartProtect system is designed for the control or protection shutdown of the following components:
- Combustion chambers
The cost-effective IfTA SmartProtect system is used when no data recording functionality is required.
A typical scenario: Our customer has several identical systems in use. One of the systems is monitored and analyzed 24/7 by an IfTA ArgusOMDS system. If certain limit values are exceeded, the machine/plant is automatically interfered with. If another machine of the same design is used, it is therefore not absolutely necessary to equip it with data recording as well. A protective switch-off when the limit value is exceeded is sufficient and noticeably more cost-effective.
Perfectly Matched Components in the SmartProtect System
- Dynamic signals can be recorded with the AD4, AD4IEPE and AD4Pro input modules
- For slower signals, the AD32 input module is available
- For torsional vibrations the input module AT2 is available
- Input modules can be upgraded at any time and thus enable the acquisition of a wide variety of data
- The SmartProtect system is based upon a modular hard- and software architecture. Such flexibility allows to adapt measurement, analysis and monitoring to varying machine types and customer specific applications
- Simple communication with the control systems, whether analog or digital. By transmitting all monitored parameters, the control system of the machine prevents critical operating states
- With the Profibus module, the system can be easily integrated into fieldbus environments. Two redundant bus interfaces ensure high reliability
- The digital signal processor provides a real-time signal analysis and response. In contrast to Windows-based solutions, this enables the processing of algorithms/analysis/calculations and signaling required in industrial environments for real-time protection systems
- If you do not require a real-time protection function, we recommend the measurement system IfTA DynaMaster
Advantage of SmartProtect: Protect machinery cost-effectively - grow as needed:
For the following requirements we recommend an upgrade to the IfTA ArgusOMDS system:
- To analyze data with IfTA TrendViewer
- To record data 24/7
If you only want to record data temporarily, e.g. for commissioning a plant, then an IfTA SmartProtect system can be temporarily extended to the IfTA ArgusOMDS system by adding an IfTA SlotPC