The IfTA GIA-IEPE (Galvanically Isolated Amplifier) is an isolation amplifier with adjustable IEPE feed and galvanic isolation. For everyday use, this means high transmission quality of the signal even over long distances, safety thanks to galvanic isolation, and time savings thanks to a lean measurement chain that is less prone to errors.
The IfTA GIA-IEPE is ideal for use with IEPE sensors as well as for retrofitting measurement chains if the existing measurement system does not offer IEPE feeding. IEPE is an industry standard also known as ICP, CCLD, Isotron, Deltatron, or Piezotron. The module can be combined with both sensors and charge amplifiers that require IEPE supply. At the same time, the clean galvanic isolation avoids damage and noise.
Highlights of the GIA isolation amplifier:
- Galvanic isolation between input and output side and to the supply region
- Adjustable IEPE supply, 4 mA, 8 mA, 12 mA
- Voltage and current output
- Integrated indication signaling whether the input is short-circuited or open: Signals errors at the voltage and current output, as well as optically via status LEDs, if necessary
- An additional DC offset can be activated at the voltage and current output in order to communicate to the measurement system that the measurement chain is in operation
- Excellent EMC characteristics
- Suitable for long cable lengths of up to several hundred meters
- Ideal for use with IEPE sensors and IEPE charge amplifiers
- Compatible with standard measurement technology and all IfTA measurement systems